Tuesday 13 November 2012

The beginning...

Well, it was after last nights Made In Chelsea that I decided to write a blog!

 I was filmed listening to my darling daughter Binky telling me how she had felt let down, confused, and personally lacking... in a relationship that never actually started!  I told her my view... we had  a drink, went home and forgot all about it.

  When the episode aired, I received many tweets from the viewers ( mostly gorgeous young things - some I'm sure, gorgeous old things ) saying that they had loved the programme,  and would I start a blog so's we could chat, laugh and get some unbiased advice if they felt like it.

Not being particularly teckie,  I had no idea how to begin - but, with the wonderful enthusiasm and generosity of the young,  one of the girls said ' just do it and I'll re tweet it, and away you go'

Now I'm a woman of a 'certain age' ( 61 to be precise )  and was brought up to marry and stay at home behaving.  Most of this I managed (!) but because of no real outside interests, my three kids became the focus of my life, and their friends close and important.

So now, we shall see.  I have pretty strong views on whats correct and what's not, but I have also got a well developed sense of humour and a love and - for some reason, huge rapport with the young, who's company I so much prefer to the boring old people I'm sometimes forced to mix with!  If anybody fancies contacting me about anything, it would be a pleasure...

With my love, Janey @mummyfelstead xx




11 comments:

  1. you are so cute!!! can't wait to read your blog :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so happy you decided to start a blog, you seem wonderful!

    HannahMay xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids seem to respect you, can talk to you, love you. Smile and share with the world what a good mum you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant idea! I loved what you said to Binky "you may not be blonde and really thin, but you're wonderful" - Exactly the kind of thing young girls need to hear! :)
    So excited to read this!

    Rachel
    http://www.cupcakesandcocktales.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new venture MummyF :) wishing you much success and a "little" notoriety..well it can't hurt at our age ha ha ha..You look amazing at 61!! Yup, some of us are "older"....but still love MIC....I will continue to live vicariously through these PYT 's ;) and Ollie is an absolute riot!! I too focused totally on family...so totally "get" it.Looking forward to chatting some more.Thanks for the tweets and love to "stinky" Ted from muddy Oz ...LOL. Toodle pip darling. Xx

      Delete
  5. I'm too excited to read this blog. Mum's give the best advice! #WhoNeedsAnAgonyAuntWhenYouHaveAWiseMummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! can't wait to get reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, can't wait to read your blog Mummy Felstead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww this is so lovely! Can't wait to see what your blog will be like.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mum's are always right no matter how much we try to ignore it. Can't wait for future posts!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son works in London and has some mutual friends of the MIC crowd. I am forever nagging him to get a date with Binky as she is by far the nicest (and Ollie )of them all . Tell her to have a look at his FB page I think it is open not that he knows it!!The problem is how do I tell you his name without it going viral on here!

    ReplyDelete